Federal Reserve chairman Ben Bernanke testified before the Joint Economic Committee at the US Congress in Washington, DC on Tuesday.
Discussing the US economic outlook and the Fed's recent monetary policy actions he said that overall "the recovery from the crisis has been much less robust than we had hoped".
In discussing the way forward, he said it was not only down to the Fed to act to stimulate the recovery. Bernanke called for a joint effort to lift the US economy. "Fostering healthy growth
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?
- BoE research says digital currency would ‘strengthen’ policy transmission
- US House passes deregulation bill with bipartisan support
- Brazil’s central bank launches fintech laboratory
- Argentina rescue advances as emerging markets suffer outflows