Policymakers should develop contacts and maintain a strong dialogue with the high-frequency trading community in order to track developments and identify key policy issues in a timely fashion, a Bank for International Settlements (BIS) study group has said in a report published on Wednesday.
The paper, authored by a study group established by the BIS Markets Committee and chaired by Guy Debelle, an assistant governor of the Reserve Bank of Australia, attempted to measure the impact of technologi
- Treasury committee to investigate BoE’s lack of diversity
- Canada’s Project Jasper to explore clearing of securities in third phase
- Bank of Portugal sells majority share in ‘good bank’
- Fed’s Powell: banks still have important role in payments
- Xi sees renminbi taking greater role in global monetary system