Mary Schapiro, chair of the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), came under fire yesterday for her role in the Bernard Madoff fraud investigation, in particular regarding the behaviour of former SEC general counsel David Becker. A report published earlier this week by the SEC's inspector-general, David Kotz, concludes Becker had broken conflict-of-interest rules through his involvement with Madoff and refers the issue to the Justice Department.
According to Kotz’s report, Becker rejoine
- Canada’s Project Jasper to explore clearing of securities in third phase
- Treasury committee to investigate BoE’s lack of diversity
- Fed’s Powell: banks still have important role in payments
- Bank of Portugal sells majority share in ‘good bank’
- Xi sees renminbi taking greater role in global monetary system