Questions are being raised over whether the Independent Commission on Banking (ICB) looked closely enough at other banking models, such as the Glass-Steagall model of complete separation between investment and retail banks, before deciding on the ring-fencing model in its final report on financial stability in the UK.
In an exclusive video interview with Operational Risk & Regulation magazine, the executive director of the British Bankers' Association (BBA), Paul Chisnall, gives one of the BBA's
- Latvian police detain central bank governor on corruption charges
- Ireland withdraws Lane’s nomination for ECB vice president
- Saudi Arabia’s Alkholifey on economic restructuring, reserves and cyber security
- ECB orders Latvia to shutter bank over laundering allegations
- Central banks mull securities lending as response to low yields