The governor of the National Bank of Denmark, Nils Bernstein, has said there is "no reason to stimulate economic activity via fiscal policy," in a clear warning to the new government not to meddle with the economy.
In his statement given as the national bank's Monetary Review, 3rd Quarter 2011 was released on Tuesday, the governor gave a clear message to the new government to step back from election campaign plans to offer economic stimulus.
He said: "The Danish economy has been recovering for t
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms
- Bank of Russia will be able to handle fallout from failing banks, analysts say
- Riksbank outlines three visions of ‘e-krona’
- Uruguay’s digital currency pilot ‘close to launch’, says governor