The governor of the National Bank of Denmark, Nils Bernstein, has said there is "no reason to stimulate economic activity via fiscal policy," in a clear warning to the new government not to meddle with the economy.
In his statement given as the national bank's Monetary Review, 3rd Quarter 2011 was released on Tuesday, the governor gave a clear message to the new government to step back from election campaign plans to offer economic stimulus.
He said: "The Danish economy has been recovering for t
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- Podcast: San Fran Fed’s Daly on gender inequality in central banks
- US House passes deregulation bill with bipartisan support
- Dudley calls for ‘aggressive action’ on benchmark reforms
- Swift starts work on pan-European real-time payment connectivity pilot