On Monday, the Monetary Board of the Central Bank of Sri Lanka, with support from the minister of finance, promoted three assistant governors to become deputy governors.
Nandalal Weerasinghe and B Silva will take office on September 27 2011, and C Premeratne will take on her new role at the beginning of next year.
Current deputy governors K Dheerasinghe and P Fernanado are both retiring from their roles. From January, there will be three deputy governors, one more than before, which is allowed u
- Bank of Mexico admits $15.2 million went missing in cyber heist
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?
- Argentina rescue advances as emerging markets suffer outflows
- Artificial intelligence: The future of regulation?
- Norges Bank does not rule out launching digital currency