The Bank of Mauritius and the Mauritius Bankers' Association (MBA) have set up a technical working group to investigate the interest rate spread calculated for Mauritius in a recent international study.
The working group will look at the ranking of Mauritius based on interest rate spreads as given in the Global Competitiveness Report 2011-2012, recently released by the World Economic Forum.
In a joint communiqué issued after their regular meeting on Friday, the Banking Committee, which is chaire
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms
- Bank of Russia will be able to handle fallout from failing banks, analysts say
- Riksbank outlines three visions of ‘e-krona’
- Uruguay’s digital currency pilot ‘close to launch’, says governor