The European Commission has announced plans to consider options for a common bond in the eurozone to help alleviate funding pressure on sovereigns, an issue that has divided member states.
On Wednesday, European Commissioner José Manuel Barroso, said after much debate on the need for euro bonds, the commission would soon present a number of options for the introduction of the bonds.
Barroso, who was speaking at a debate on the economic crisis and the euro at the European Parliament, said that wh
- Latvian police detain central bank governor on corruption charges
- Ireland withdraws Lane’s nomination for ECB vice president
- Saudi Arabia’s Alkholifey on economic restructuring, reserves and cyber security
- ECB orders Latvia to shutter bank over laundering allegations
- Central banks mull securities lending as response to low yields