The Riksbank on Tuesday decided to postpone further interest rate hikes after it voted to leave its benchmark repo rate on hold at 2%.
The Swedish krona gained 0.84% against the euro following the announcement and traded at Skr8.9693 at 5:00pm London time.
The Swedish central bank said increased concern over public finances abroad and deterioration in global growth prospects was expected to lead to a more pronounced slowdown in the Swedish economy than was forecast in July.
While all six members
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms
- Bank of Russia will be able to handle fallout from failing banks, analysts say
- Riksbank outlines three visions of ‘e-krona’
- All central banks may have to consider crypto-currencies – BIS