Finance ministers, bankers and economists gathered over the weekend at a resort in Italy to debate world economic problems.
At the Villa d'Este on the shores of Lake Como, the officials met for the annual Ambrosetti Forum, a series of private meetings that aims to give politicians, policymakers and economists the opportunity to share their views on important questions.
Despite the fierce rules regarding the secrecy of the discussion, some snippets made their way out of the event.
The gloomy mood
- Argentine finance minister becomes central bank governor as crisis deepens
- BoJ cuts inflation estimate as it holds rates
- Trump’s fiscal policy threatens emerging markets – Lagarde
- IMF report says Mauritius central bank needs clearer resolution powers
- Argentina abandons monetary financing to secure IMF support