Jens Weidmann, the governor of the Bundesbank, on Thursday welcomed the new president of the central bank's Hanover branch.
Werner Ehlers has retired and Stephan Freiherr von Stenglin was promoted to the role.
Von Stenglin, 55, joined the central bank in 1988. He has held various roles, including deputy manager of the Mainz branch, and spent time in Italy as the Bundesbank's representative and financial attaché to the German embassy in Rome.
In 2006, he left the central bank to become the altern
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations