The minutes from the Federal Open Market Committee's (FOMC) unscheduled August 1 videoconference and the August 9 regular meeting, were released late on Tuesday.
The notes from the regular meeting revealed in more detail the dissent over the decision to keep the federal funds rate "exceptionally low" until "at least 2013".
Richard Fisher, Narayana Kocherlakota and Charles Plosser all voted against this wording, preferring to instead continue to describe economic conditions as likely to warrant e
- Irish deputy governor warns hard Brexit is ‘entirely plausible’
- New Russian banknote provokes anger in Ukraine
- Low-paid jobs may explain flat Phillips curve – research
- Canada’s Project Jasper to explore clearing of securities in third phase
- G7 governors and ministers set out principles for assessing cyber security