The Central Bank of Nigeria has revealed policy directives aimed at addressing the currency management challenges in Nigeria, and enhancing the national payments system.
The retail cash policy, which will commence on June 1, 2012 said that over-the-counter cash transactions above 150,000 naira ($982) and 1,000,000 naira for individual and corporations respectively will attract a charge.
The policy recognises that merchants have to be able to receive payments, therefore it allows merchants and tr
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations