The US Federal Reserve Board's director of the international finance division, Nathan Sheets, is stepping down after 18 years of service and four years serving as director of the division.
The Fed made the announcement on Tuesday.
In addition to overseeing the operations of the division, Sheets was responsible for advising the Federal Open Market Committee on economic and financial developments in foreign countries and on the US external sector.
Sheets has also regularly represented the Board at
- James Bullard on 2% rates, tariffs and Fed leadership
- Turkish central bank raises overnight rates in bid to stop lira’s fall
- Podcast: David Hendry and John Muellbauer on empirical macro
- Argentinian central bank takes drastic action over currency crisis
- Policies must change to stop emerging markets crisis, analysts say