Charles Goodhart and Sushil Wadhwani, two former members of the Bank of England's Monetary Policy Committee (MPC), on Tuesday disagreed over the use of further monetary stimulus to aid recovery in the United Kingdom.
At Fathom Consulting's latest Monetary Policy Forum panel, in London, Danny Gabay, a director at Fathom, said evidence suggested quantitative easing was an effective tool to loosen monetary policy at the zero bound and that the recent weakness in the UK economy meant a further round
- Banknote and currency manager of the year: Norges Bank
- Lifetime achievement award: Perng Fai-nan
- Initiative of the year: Bank of England’s FinTech Accelerator
- Consultancy and advisory provider of the year (data and regulatory management): BearingPoint
- Asian central banks crack down on cryptocurrency