Mario Draghi, governor of the Bank of Italy and president-designate of the European Central Bank, has said consistent implementation of Basel III rules must be achieved to ‘preserve a level playing field across national financial sectors'.
In his foreword to a new book, Basel III and Beyond: A Guide to Banking Regulation after the Crisis, published on Wednesday by Risk Books, Draghi added "full and consistent implementation will take time and perseverance".
He warned that "pressures to water dow
- Banknote and currency manager of the year: Norges Bank
- Lifetime achievement award: Perng Fai-nan
- Initiative of the year: Bank of England’s FinTech Accelerator
- Consultancy and advisory provider of the year (data and regulatory management): BearingPoint
- Banknote and currency services provider of the year: Landqart