In a conversation with Central Banking Publications founder, Robert Pringle, Nobel laureate Robert Mundell called for greater integration in Europe and a joint policy assault to lift the region out of crisis.
He said that to pull the euro area out of crisis, he saw the need for policies "for the short run, intermediate run and long run".
In the short term Mundell said policy was needed to manage the debt crisis. "This must involve austerity and adjustment along with policies for growth in the ai
- Podcast: San Fran Fed’s Daly on gender inequality in central banks
- Malaysian central bank sends details of own land deal to anti-corruption body
- Strike halts Australian banknote production
- EBA and ECB hit out at capital hurdles to banking union
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls