Improving governance and legitimacy at the International Monetary Fund (IMF) will help reenergise the organisation as it attempts to tackle a series of pressing global issues, Christine Lagarde, the new managing director of the IMF, told reporters in Washington on Wednesday.
At her first press briefing as head of the IMF, Lagarde urged the IMF's members to complete 2010 reforms designed to improve the Fund's governance and provide major emerging markets and low-income countries with a greater sa
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?
- BoE research says digital currency would ‘strengthen’ policy transmission
- US House passes deregulation bill with bipartisan support
- Brazil’s central bank launches fintech laboratory
- Argentina rescue advances as emerging markets suffer outflows