The Riksbank on Tuesday raised its benchmark repo rate by 25 basis points to 2%, as inflation concerns trumped the increased uncertainty over the global recovery.
The krona gained 0.2% against the euro on Tuesday and traded at Skr9.0599 ($1.45) to the single currency at 17:12pm UK time.
Data from Statistics Sweden shows annual CPI inflation in Sweden is forecast to rise to 3.2% in 2011 from 1.2% in 2010, well above the central bank's 2% target for inflation.
The central bank said the lower under
- Banknote and currency manager of the year: Norges Bank
- Lifetime achievement award: Perng Fai-nan
- Initiative of the year: Bank of England’s FinTech Accelerator
- Consultancy and advisory provider of the year (data and regulatory management): BearingPoint
- Asian central banks crack down on cryptocurrency