The Bank of Canada on Monday unveiled its new polymer banknote series.
Information on the polymer material and the advanced new security features was released, along with the images and designs of the soon-to-be-issued banknotes, and the themes for the remaining notes in the series.
Minister of finance Jim Flaherty and Royal Canadian Mounted Police commissioner William Elliott joined Bank of Canada governor Mark Carney for the unveiling ceremony.
The C$100 ($103) note, which is to be issued in N
- All central banks may have to consider crypto-currencies – BIS
- Uruguay’s digital currency pilot ‘close to launch’, says governor
- Central banks will be using blockchain by 2019 – research
- Fed’s Williams floats co-ordinated shift from 2% targets
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio