Concerns about debt sustainability and support for adjustment efforts in Europe's periphery is leading to market pressures and worries about potential contagion, the International Monetary Fund's (IMF) Global Financial Stability Report has said.
The report, published on Friday but released to the public on Monday, said doubts about debt sustainability and support for adjustment programmes in the smaller countries of the European periphery had "resurfaced", with renewed focus on potential shocks
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde