The International Monetary Fund (IMF) on Monday announced it is interviewing the two candidates for the role of managing director this week.
Agustín Carstens, the Mexican central bank governor, is meeting with the executive board on Tuesday having already been in Washington for a day.
Christine Lagarde, the French finance minister, will visit the IMF on June 22–23, meeting with the board on Thursday.
Shakour Shaalan, the dean of the executive board, made the announcement late on Monday. He said
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde