Germany and France look set to agree on a new bailout deal for Greece after German Chancellor Angela Merkel said she would back a Vienna-Initiative style arrangement for Greek bondholders.
The Wall Street Journal reported Merkel on Friday as saying a "Vienna initiative", a voluntary rollover of Greek bonds, could form the basis of a deal. "The aim is the participation of the private sector on a voluntary basis, and the Vienna initiative, as it is known, is a good foundation, and I think we can m
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms
- Bank of Russia will be able to handle fallout from failing banks, analysts say
- Riksbank outlines three visions of ‘e-krona’
- All central banks may have to consider crypto-currencies – BIS