Bank supervisors across the globe should be more inquisitive and less accepting of what they are told by senior bankers, according to Carlos Donizeti, head of the department of bank supervision at the Banco Central do Brasil.
"We need to understand better and check more. We need to put less trust in the numbers and what the bankers tell us. We need to check it," said Donizeti, speaking at the Risk & Return Brasil conference in São Paulo yesterday.
Banco Central do Brasil has looked to change its
- Uruguay’s digital currency pilot ‘close to launch’, says governor
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- Central banks will be using blockchain by 2019 – research
- Nigerian state uses central bank as ‘piggy bank’ – MPC member
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms