The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) on Friday announced Craig Lewis as the new SEC chief economist and director of the division of Risk, Strategy and Financial Innovation (RiskFin).
Lewis, who is the Madison S Wigginton professor of finance at Vanderbilt University's Owen Graduate School of Management, is currently a visiting scholar at the SEC and will take on his new role on June 20.
"My objectives are twofold," Lewis told CentralBanking.com. "First, I would like to enhance the risk a
- Bank of Mexico admits $15.2 million went missing in cyber heist
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?
- Argentina rescue advances as emerging markets suffer outflows
- BoE research says digital currency would ‘strengthen’ policy transmission
- Artificial intelligence: The future of regulation?