The Bank of Namibia will issue a new family of banknotes in 2012. The upgraded banknotes, namely N$10 ($1.50), N$20, N$50, N$100 and N$200 will have new state-of-the art security features and will run concurrently with the current banknotes.
"This means that both the new and the old banknotes will be accepted as legal tender in the payment for goods and services until the old banknotes are phased out," said the central bank.
The central bank stated that "since the security features of the Namibi
- James Bullard on 2% rates, tariffs and Fed leadership
- Turkish central bank raises overnight rates in bid to stop lira’s fall
- Next financial crisis “will be brewing” in shadow banking – Bullard
- Policies must change to stop emerging markets crisis, analysts say
- Podcast: David Hendry and John Muellbauer on empirical macro