The Bank of Namibia will issue a new family of banknotes in 2012. The upgraded banknotes, namely N$10 ($1.50), N$20, N$50, N$100 and N$200 will have new state-of-the art security features and will run concurrently with the current banknotes.
"This means that both the new and the old banknotes will be accepted as legal tender in the payment for goods and services until the old banknotes are phased out," said the central bank.
The central bank stated that "since the security features of the Namibi
- Treasury committee to investigate BoE’s lack of diversity
- Canada’s Project Jasper to explore clearing of securities in third phase
- Bank of Portugal sells majority share in ‘good bank’
- Fed’s Powell: banks still have important role in payments
- Xi sees renminbi taking greater role in global monetary system