The Bank of England's Financial Policy Committee (FPC) is to hold its first formal meeting on June 16.
Mervyn King, the Bank's governor and chair of the FPC, will also host a press conference on June 24 to coincide with the publication of the central bank's Financial Stability Report, published twice a year.
The Financial Policy Committee is tasked with identifying, monitoring, and taking action to remove or reduce systemic risk. At present it is an interim body, only becoming permanent when for
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde