Kenyan lawmakers have challenged the reappointment of Njuguna Ndung'u, the governor of the Central Bank of Kenya, local media sources have reported.
Daily Nation, a Kenyan newspaper, on Tuesday said that members of parliament have labelled Ndung'u's reappointment last week "unconstitutional". The paper reported that Charles Kilonzo, an MP, pointed out that the central bank's board of directors, which is supposed to review the performance of the governor, had not met in more than a year. "If the
- Supervisory lessons: resolution is a ‘dirty business’
- Key Brexit vote complicates outlook for UK economy
- European auditors ask lawmakers for increased access to ECB documents
- Switzerland grants fintech firms access to interbank payment system
- BIS’s Borio calls on economists to take money more seriously