Kenyan lawmakers have challenged the reappointment of Njuguna Ndung'u, the governor of the Central Bank of Kenya, local media sources have reported.
Daily Nation, a Kenyan newspaper, on Tuesday said that members of parliament have labelled Ndung'u's reappointment last week "unconstitutional". The paper reported that Charles Kilonzo, an MP, pointed out that the central bank's board of directors, which is supposed to review the performance of the governor, had not met in more than a year. "If the
- Uruguay’s digital currency pilot ‘close to launch’, says governor
- Central banks will be using blockchain by 2019 – research
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- Nigerian state uses central bank as ‘piggy bank’ – MPC member
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms