Kenyan lawmakers have challenged the reappointment of Njuguna Ndung'u, the governor of the Central Bank of Kenya, local media sources have reported.
Daily Nation, a Kenyan newspaper, on Tuesday said that members of parliament have labelled Ndung'u's reappointment last week "unconstitutional". The paper reported that Charles Kilonzo, an MP, pointed out that the central bank's board of directors, which is supposed to review the performance of the governor, had not met in more than a year. "If the
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- BoE research says digital currency would ‘strengthen’ policy transmission
- US House passes deregulation bill with bipartisan support
- Brazil’s central bank launches fintech laboratory
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?