Cédric Tille, a professor of economics at the Graduate Institute for International and Development Studies at the University of Geneva, was on Friday proposed as the new member of the Bank Council of the Swiss National Bank (SNB).
Tille would replace Armin Jans, who will resign from the council at the General Meeting of Shareholders at the end of April. The central bank's shareholders will decide whether or not he is appointed.
Before joining the University of Geneva, Tille spent nine years at t
- Uruguay’s digital currency pilot ‘close to launch’, says governor
- Central banks will be using blockchain by 2019 – research
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- Nigerian state uses central bank as ‘piggy bank’ – MPC member
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms