Some economists and bankers in Bahrain blamed the hesitant approach of the Central Bank of Bahrain for failing to identify problems in the country's banking sector in the lead-up to the crisis, a WikiLeak published Friday said.
The alleged cable was sent on November 24 2009 by Joseph Adam Ereli, the United States' ambassador in Bahrain to the US Secretary of State. In it, Ereli said the Bahrain Economic Society, local bankers and economists were critical of the central bank for "failing to detec
- EC’s Cyprus ‘failure’ undermined Eurozone central bank independence – Demetriades
- Reserve management practices are splintering
- Female regulators increase stability of the financial system, IMF paper finds
- Booming US economy set against ‘fragile’ markets – BIS review
- BIS paper defends credit gap measure