Some economists and bankers in Bahrain blamed the hesitant approach of the Central Bank of Bahrain for failing to identify problems in the country's banking sector in the lead-up to the crisis, a WikiLeak published Friday said.
The alleged cable was sent on November 24 2009 by Joseph Adam Ereli, the United States' ambassador in Bahrain to the US Secretary of State. In it, Ereli said the Bahrain Economic Society, local bankers and economists were critical of the central bank for "failing to detec
- Banknote and currency manager of the year: Norges Bank
- Lifetime achievement award: Perng Fai-nan
- Initiative of the year: Bank of England’s FinTech Accelerator
- Consultancy and advisory provider of the year (data and regulatory management): BearingPoint
- Asian central banks crack down on cryptocurrency