A new Irish government should not seek to renegotiate the terms of the IMF-European Union (EU) led bailout of the sovereign, Jean-Claude Trichet, the president of the European Central Bank (ECB) said Thursday.
At the press conference following the central bank's monetary policy announcement, Trichet said when asked whether such a renegotiation would be realistic: "Let me only say that Ireland has a medium-term plan approved by the international community, namely the IMF and the EU, with the posi
- Treasury committee to investigate BoE’s lack of diversity
- Canada’s Project Jasper to explore clearing of securities in third phase
- Bank of Portugal sells majority share in ‘good bank’
- Fed’s Powell: banks still have important role in payments
- Xi sees renminbi taking greater role in global monetary system