Wayne Swan, Australia's treasurer, on Monday suggested that Warwick McKibbin, an external member of the Reserve Bank of Australia's (RBA) rate-setting board, might not be reappointed to the post when his current term comes to an end, according to comments reported in the Australian media.
Swan, who as treasurer is tasked with appointing the six external members of the nine-person board, told broadcaster ABC Radio Brisbane: "We need a degree of continuity on the board on one hand, and [on the oth
- Central bank digital currency a ‘terrible idea’, US Congress told
- People: Olli Rehn enters office as Bank of Finland governor
- Trump criticises Fed over rate rises and threatens higher tariffs
- ECB’s easing policies reduced inequality, paper says
- Infrastructure financing not harmed by post-crisis reforms – FSB