Some of Egypt's lenders remained closed for the second day running on Monday, following advice from the central bank.
The newswire Reuters reported on Saturday that the Central Bank of Egypt had called for lenders to stay shut on Sunday, the first day of the working week in the country. Hisham Ramez Abdel Hafez, the deputy governor of the central bank, told the newswire that the move was "just a precaution until banks are ready to start work on Monday".
However, a spokesperson in London for UK l
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde