Martin Weale, an external member of the Bank of England's Monetary Policy Committee (MPC), has voted for a 25-basis point increase in the Bank rate, minutes from the Bank's last rate setting meeting released on Wednesday showed, creating further divisions between MPC members on the outlook for inflation in the UK.
Minutes of the MPC meeting on 12–13 January showed that Weale joined fellow external committee member Andrew Sentance in voting for a 25-basis point rate hike to 0.75% in addition to m
- Argentine finance minister becomes central bank governor as crisis deepens
- BoJ cuts inflation estimate as it holds rates
- Trump’s fiscal policy threatens emerging markets – Lagarde
- IMF report says Mauritius central bank needs clearer resolution powers
- Argentina abandons monetary financing to secure IMF support