The Argentinean government's failure to address rising inflation by printing more banknotes has sparked a shortage of high-denomination paper across the country, reports said.
On Monday, the Financial Times, a financial newspaper, reported scenes of long queues outside cash machines across Argentina as a result of a shortage of high-denomination banknotes in the country, despite plans announced last month by the central bank to increase the amount of money in the economy.
Reports said citizens a
- Canada’s Project Jasper to explore clearing of securities in third phase
- Treasury committee to investigate BoE’s lack of diversity
- Bank of Portugal sells majority share in ‘good bank’
- Fed’s Powell: banks still have important role in payments
- Xi sees renminbi taking greater role in global monetary system