The Federal Reserve on Monday revealed a record profit of $80.9 billion for 2010, a 51% leap on 2009, in its preliminary unaudited results for the year.
The bumper profit has allowed the regional Fed banks to transfer a record $78.4 billion to the US Treasury, a 65% increase compared with the amount transferred in 2009. The amount is about $500m under the combined total transferred to the Treasury in 2009 and 2008, and over four times the transfer made in 2004, the year in the past decade in whi
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- Podcast: San Fran Fed’s Daly on gender inequality in central banks
- US House passes deregulation bill with bipartisan support
- Philippines central bank launches reorganisation
- Swift starts work on pan-European real-time payment connectivity pilot