Patrick Honohan, the governor of the Central Bank of Ireland, on Tuesday said greater disclosure of banks' residential mortgage liabilities could help bolster investor confidence in Ireland.
Honohan told an audience of accountants: "Communicating more information to the market would not only enlist the expertise of market credit analysts in a way helpful to all, but could lower the cost of term borrowing as investors regain confidence."
Honohan said that until now only a limited amount of inform
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde