The Senate's two biggest advocates of the Volcker rule have called on the new Financial Stability Oversight Council (FSoc), tasked with making the rule workable, to ensure the measure is properly enforced and implemented.
Carl Levin and Jeff Merkley, the senators who inserted the Volcker rule provisions into the Dodd-Frank act, said in a letter sent to members of FSoc on Thursday: "Now that Congress has passed and the President has signed into law the strongest protections for our financial syst
- Bank of Mexico admits $15.2 million went missing in cyber heist
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?
- Argentina rescue advances as emerging markets suffer outflows
- BoE research says digital currency would ‘strengthen’ policy transmission
- Artificial intelligence: The future of regulation?