An influential oversight panel on Thursday attacked the way those implementing the Troubled Asset Relief Programme (Tarp) employed private contractors.
Despite the Treasury's efforts to promote competition among bidding firms, "significant transparency concerns" remained, as the process was "notoriously non-transparent," said the Congressional Oversight Panel, the body set up to monitor Tarp. "Contractors and agents are immune to requests under the Freedom of Information Act. Contractors may hir
- Is the pursuit of a common accounting standard for monetary gold a fool’s errand?
- European Court of Justice overrules ECB on French banks’ leverage
- EBA demands rapid reform at Maltese AML agency
- BoE minority staff score lower in first diversity survey
- Protectionism triggers ‘rising level of concern’ in US – Powell