The International Accounting Standards Board (IASB), a London-based accounting standards setter, has appointed Dutch former cabinet minister Han Hoogervorst as its new chair. Hoogervorst will take over the post in June 2011 when the current incumbent, David Tweedie, retires.
Between 1998 and 2007, Hoogervorst held a number of positions in the Dutch government, including that of finance minister from 2002 to 2003. He has been chair of the IASB Monitoring Board since April 2009.
Hoogervorst was no
- Bank of Mexico admits $15.2 million went missing in cyber heist
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?
- Argentina rescue advances as emerging markets suffer outflows
- Artificial intelligence: The future of regulation?
- Norges Bank does not rule out launching digital currency