Monetary policy cannot cure the ills that caused the effects of the recent financial crisis to reverberate throughout the economy, David Miles, a member of the Bank of England's Monetary Policy Committee, said on Tuesday.
The crisis bit especially hard because of the combination of soaring asset prices and high levels of debt, Miles said, in a speech delivered in Dublin. This situation was in contrast to the bursting of the dotcom bubble, where the fallout was contained within equity markets. "T
- Bank of Mexico admits $15.2 million went missing in cyber heist
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?
- Argentina rescue advances as emerging markets suffer outflows
- Artificial intelligence: The future of regulation?
- Norges Bank does not rule out launching digital currency