Andrew Bailey, the executive director for banking services at the Bank of England, on Tuesday evening said public awareness and interest in financial stability were essential to prevent a repeat of the crisis.
"We cannot achieve and maintain financial stability on our own. Above all, it requires recognition of the public interest in financial stability," Bailey said, at the Lord Mayor's Banquet, held in the City of London. There had been "a terrible lapse" in standards "in which too many in our
- World’s largest SWF bars investment in four companies for guideline breaches
- ECB needed better data in 2008 crisis, says Lautenschläger
- Brazilian government must respect central bank independence – IMF
- Is the pursuit of a common accounting standard for gold a fool’s errand?
- Seychelles must act fast on money-laundering, says central bank