Meena Datwani, the executive director for banking conduct at the Hong Kong Monetary Authority (HKMA), on Thursday called on firms to properly assess the risks associated with renminbi products.
Datwani called on firms "to ensure that the material features and risks of such products are adequately taken into account in the product due diligence process (including the product risk rating assessment) and the suitability assessment of customers."
Datwani said firms must warn customers of the exchang
- Argentine finance minister becomes central bank governor as crisis deepens
- Central bankers share vision for ‘business as usual’ big data
- ECB commits to tapering bond purchase programme
- PRA official says financial system must become more cyber-resilient
- Woodford shows finite horizons matter when modelling