Leading news sources in the United Kingdom have attacked the Bank of England's forecast techniques ahead of the central bank's publication of its quarterly Inflation Report on Wednesday.
The Financial Times, a business newspaper, said on Monday that an audit of the forecasts used by the Bank in setting rates showed the predictions, which are issued in the Inflation Reports, were optimistically skewed, and lacked credibility. The newspaper lambasted the Monetary Policy Committee's (MPC) collectiv
- Bank of Mexico admits $15.2 million went missing in cyber heist
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?
- Argentina rescue advances as emerging markets suffer outflows
- Artificial intelligence: The future of regulation?
- Norges Bank does not rule out launching digital currency