South Africa's ruling African National Congress (ANC) party is set at the end of September to consider a short-term capital inflows tax to remedy the volatility of the rand.
In a discussion document for the party's national general council, to be held near the end of next month, the ANC flagged the problem posed by capital inflows, sparked by increased foreign purchases of South African bonds and equities, as global risk appetite returns. By pushing up the value of the rand, inflows have subsidi
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- BoE research says digital currency would ‘strengthen’ policy transmission
- US House passes deregulation bill with bipartisan support
- Brazil’s central bank launches fintech laboratory
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?