Martin Weale, the director of the National Institute for Economic and Social Research (NIESR), is to replace Kate Barker as an external member of the Bank of England's Monetary Policy Committee (MPC).
Weale has been director of the NIESR since 1995. He was made a commander of the order of the British Empire (CBE) for his services to economics in 1999. His research interests include household behaviour, socio-economic dynamics, time-series and micro econometrics. From 1986 to 1987, he was a Houbl
- James Bullard on 2% rates, tariffs and Fed leadership
- Turkish central bank raises overnight rates in bid to stop lira’s fall
- Next financial crisis “will be brewing” in shadow banking – Bullard
- Policies must change to stop emerging markets crisis, analysts say
- Podcast: David Hendry and John Muellbauer on empirical macro