Mark Carney, the governor of the Bank of Canada, has been appointed chairman of the Committee on the Global Financial System (CGFS), the Bank for International Settlements said on Tuesday.
Carney is to replace Donald Kohn, the outgoing vice-chairman of the Federal Reserve's board of governors, with effect from Thursday. The Basel-based bank said Carney would have a three year term in the post.
Kohn served as chairman of the CGFS from July 2006, when he was appointed vice-chairman of the Fed's bo
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?
- BoE research says digital currency would ‘strengthen’ policy transmission
- US House passes deregulation bill with bipartisan support
- Brazil’s central bank launches fintech laboratory
- Argentina rescue advances as emerging markets suffer outflows