The Basel Committee for Banking Supervision on Tuesday proposed a number of principles for good practice for supervisory colleges.
The recent financial crisis had, the committee said, further emphasised the importance of closer international cooperation among home and host supervisors in effectively supervising international banking groups. Nout Wellink, the chairman of the committee and oresident of the Netherlands Bank, said: "Colleges should play a central role in supporting the supervision o
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development
- China’s macroeconomy in the ‘new era’ of politics and power
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- ‘Regulatory equivalence’ not enough for post-Brexit UK CCPs – Cœuré