The People's Bank of China (PBoC) on Monday named three new members of its Monetary Policy Committee (MPC), all of whom are academics.
The trio - Zhou Qiren, Xia Bin and Li Daokui - are expected to replace Fan Gang, the only sitting academic, offering depth to committee as the central bank attempts to rein in asset bubbles following a significant credit expansion in the world's third-largest economy.
Zhou is an economics professor and head of the National School of Development at Peking Universi
- Uruguay’s digital currency pilot ‘close to launch’, says governor
- Central banks will be using blockchain by 2019 – research
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- Nigerian state uses central bank as ‘piggy bank’ – MPC member
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms