Gill Marcus, the governor of the South African Reserve Bank (Sarb), on Tuesday refuted a press report that said she had referred to calls for the nationalisation of the central bank as "nuts".
Brian Hoga, the central bank's head of communications, told CentralBanking.com that Marcus, who said that the report by the South African Press Association, a news agency, contained "unfortunate and misleading distortions", had taken issue with the story's implication. "It came across in the report as if s
- Auditors find ‘flaws’ in ECB’s crisis management framework
- Home truths on Europe’s NPLs
- Central banks lack ‘firepower’ to combat financial crises, says report
- Economists need to better understand macrofinancial links – BIS paper
- Ukrainian bank owners carried out ‘co-ordinated fraud’, forensic audit says